Invest in your tomorrow’s excellence with IEEE Region 8 PEASC
The Professional and Educational Activities Subcommittee Launched the “IEEE Learn Together in Region 8” contest
Education doesn’t end in a certificate or a university’s degree. As students or professionals we are getting exposed to new information continuously, finding ourselves in an infinite loop of knowledge search. Either willing to enhance our soft skills or to increase our technical knowledge. No matter what the purpose is, continuous education is a part or our personal development.
As an IEEE member, one of the benefits is the access to IEEE Learning Network, offering the latest in continuing education from IEEE in engineering, technology and a variety of other fields. Providing content for those looking to advance their career, those who aim to refresh their skills or those who are just curious about the latest trends. This is why IEEE Learning Network has been a selected medium by IEEE members to continue education during isolation.
The mission of Professional and Educational Activities Subcommittee of IEEE Region 8 focuses on 4 main objectives:
- To develop non-technical skills programs (such as “Leadership Skills Training” or “Project Management”) in order to provide additional value to members, in particular to young engineers and students.
- To coordinate educational activities programs in Region 8 including pre-university education, university-level education, post-university (continuing) education.
- The promotion of public awareness of engineering, technology and other topics within IEEE’s Field of Interest.
- To recruit volunteers to implement professional and educational seminars and workshops in R8 and to train local Tutors (Trainers) for these activities.
Focusing on the members’ benefit while maintaining the 4 objectives, IEEE Region 8 Professional and Educational Activities Subcommittee (PEASC) is here for you as you transition to learning and working remotely. After a demanding back-and-forth with the legal and marketing departments of IEEE, and in a strong collaboration with IEEE Educational Activities, the design and launch of the contest “IEEE Learn Together in Region 8” turned real. Through the contest one lucky IEEE Region 8 member will win his/her selected course from IEEE Learning Network, provided by IEEE Educational Activities.
The contest is running in the environment of Facebook, in the Facebook page of IEEE Region 8 Professional and Educational Activities Subcommittee. The interested user is being asked to comment which of the provided course aims to have for free in order to be in the ballot. With the contest’s deadline being set for July 15th, the interested members willing to participate can visit the following website for all the details https://innovationatwork.ieee.org/ieeelearntogetherinregion8
He is the founder of IEEE Region 8 Today
He has studied Computer Engineering and Informatics and has an MSc in Computer Science. He's also studied Chemical Engineering and has an MSc in Computational Fluid Dynamics.
He is currently working as a Software Architect at mcns-services.eu and he is involved in a project from Greek Ministry of Education to maintain the current version and develop the next version of the platform that administers all Greek schools and their the teachers and students (together with exams, grades, wages, days off, faculty etc) .
He is a certified Scrum Master by Scrum.org and Soft Skill Trainer by Erasmus+. He is a graduate of Rutgers Mini-MBA for Engineers He is an IEEE Volt Track 2 graduate.His work experience amongst others includes:
- 10 years as a Freelancer Software Developer been involved in various projects.
- 5 years adjunct lecturer in Technical Educational Institute of Ionian Islands
- 2 years Chief Operations Officer and Quality Assurance Officer in Food industry
- 3 years member of a Conference Management company ( https://www.meetingplanner.gr )
- 5 years on teaching programming languages, algorithms and data structures on pre-University education level.