IEEE Collabratec launched the Sections Gateway
Innovation happens when we work together
“We recently achieved an important milestone as an organization: Bringing together on one platform access to over 300 local IEEE Sections, personalized to each of our 400,000+ members globally.”
IEEE Sections are valued and vibrant communities across the IEEE global network. Available exclusively to IEEE Members, all IEEE Sections now have a dedicated gateway on IEEE Collabratec that showcase local networks, activities, and opportunities. Linked on the Member’s profile upon log-in, gateway resources include:
- Link to the IEEE Section’s website
- New IEEE Members to the Section, as they opt into the IEEE Member Directory
- Upcoming events organized by the Section, and conferences within geographic proximity of your Section
- Listing of the IEEE Volunteer leadership who make great things happen in the Section
- Recognition of Members in the Section who have advanced in membership grade
- Recognition of Members who have received badges for their participation on Collabratec
- Collabratec communities and workspaces in which Members of the Section participate
The gateway experience is consistent for Members should they move from one Section to another — and offers our Student Members a persistent connection with their IEEE Section during their time of study, and as they embark upon their professional careers.
IEEE Collabratec is an integrated online community platform where technology professionals can discover, connect and collaborate — all in one central hub.
Available to all technology-minded professionals
The IEEE Collabratec platform is available to all technology-minded professionals. IEEE Members receive added benefits and expanded functionality (See IEEE Member section below).
IEEE Collabratec provides you the ability to:
- Find all of your customized IEEE Section information at the touch of a button (My IEEE)!
- Establish a professional identity among your technical peers to showcase key accomplishments.
- Connect with global technology professionals by technical interests, IEEE-affiliations, authorship, region and more!
- Engage in conversation in Community forums* focused on technical and other important subject matter, such as: Women in Leadership, Artificial Intelligence, Membership, Entrepreneurship, plus many more!
- Brainstorm, plan and Collaborate in user-created shared workspaces (formerly groups).
- Post technical articles and event-related multimedia to spark discussion.
- Access robust networking, collaboration, and authoring tools specifically suited for technology-minded professionals.
- Search for and stream relevant events using the many available event filters.
IEEE Collabratec provides special benefits for IEEE Members
Signing in with its IEEE account, all IEEE members receive special benefits and opportunities to discover. Such as:
- Download and print your Member and Society Certificates right from your profile!
- Find other IEEE Members using the exclusive IEEE Member Directory under the People tab.
- Find or become a mentor** to accelerate your career development or guide others from your experience.
- Join exclusive communities based on IEEE or technical society membership.
- Enhance your profile with an IEEE member grade badge.
- Take advantage of expanded groups where you can develop your research and projects.
- Join the IEEE Membership forum to ask questions and learn about exclusive offers.
Additionally, IEEE Collabratec provides exclusive benefits for Researchers and Authors:
- Join the IEEE AuthorLab to get answers to your authoring questions and participate in relative discussions.
- Create your own virtual working groups for projects and research.
- Save time by effectively managing documents related to your projects.
- Enjoy easy collaboration and co-authoring from virtually anywhere with documents that are stored in your Library.
- Use tools to manage your references.
- Enjoy integrated search of IEEE Xplore®, a powerful resource for the discovery of scientific and technical content.
- Create, edit and collaborate on documents using Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365 or LaTeX documents using IEEE Overleaf, an integrated LaTeX editor.