Keeping IEEE Student Members Connected Locally: University Branches Now Accessible on IEEE Collabratec
IEEE Collabratec brings together on one platform access to over 3,000 university branches
Piscataway, NJ, USA – 12 November 2020 – Piscataway, NJ, USA – The IEEE has taken the next step in uniting its global technical community, and supporting its Student Members during the COVID-19 pandemic. University branches are now accessible on IEEE Collabratec.
The November release of IEEE Collabratec brings together on one platform access to over 3,000 university branches, personalized to each of IEEE’s Student Members globally. From the gateways, IEEE’s Student Members have access to several services and features:
- Link to the IEEE Student Branch website
- New IEEE Student Members affiliated with the university branch, as those Members opt into IEEE’s Member Directory
- Upcoming events organized by the IEEE Section, Student Branch, and conferences within geographic proximity of the Members’ university
- IEEE student volunteer leadership who make great things happen at the university
- Recognition of Student Members who have receive badges for their participation and contributions on Collabratec
- Communities and workspaces in which the Branch’s Student Members are participating
“The new university gateways offer IEEE Student Members a persistent connection to their university branch, when physical access to campus is limited,” according to Mary Ellen Randall, Board Member of IEEE Member and Geographic Activities. “Each gateway showcases the people and activities that make IEEE a very special organization at universities around the world.”
In addition to the university gateways, IEEE Collabratec provides all IEEE Members with a suite of premium-level services, including:
- Personalized certificates of IEEE and Society memberships
- Badging opportunities recognizing participation and contributions on IEEE Collabratec
- Global IEEE Membership Directory – the most comprehensive and current directory of verified, IEEE Members
- IEEE Section Gateway, to which Student Members are also affiliated
- Career-related services such as Mentoring
- Members-only communities such as IEEE Membership forum & CareersConnect
- Enhanced Workspace privileges: members can own up to 30 workspaces, member workspaces can have up to 300 participants
About IEEE Collabratec
IEEE Collabratec is a community and collaboration platform offering a suite of productivity tools, open to all engineering and technology professionals with premium-level services for IEEE Members. The platform hosts over 100 communities on cutting-edge topics such as Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Power Electronics, and Digital Privacy. In 2020, the platform began hosting interactive badge challenges recognizing participant contributions to IEEE communities.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its more than 419,000 members in over 160 countries, and its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.